Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I know that it's been weeks... and it's technically not Tuesday anymore. Sorry!

Title: This Move Is Difficult
Word Count: 141
Story Notes: I wrote this a few months ago, back when we were talking about moving to Oregon. I don't actually think my mom plans on leaving New York any more, but we are going to Portland next Tuesday to check things out. The thing is, I want to leave New York - but it's so damn hard thinking of all the things I'll have to leave behind. It makes me sick when I consider how much I have to give up if I really want to be free of this damn state.

I’ve got a new haircut
I can’t stop touching it
I love the way she cuts my hair
I give her free reign
It comes out amazing every time
Soon I’ll leave New York
Soon I’ll have to find someone else
To cut my hair
I know it doesn’t seem like much
But it feels like a lot
I’m tired but can’t sleep
My mind keeps racing
I’ve been told I have to choose wisely
What I will bring when we leave
What does that mean?
Do I need to shed every bit of my old life?
My books, my records, my movies
All left in New York
Nothing but me in Oregon
If we even go to Oregon
Mom has a fickleness about her
And I’m only moving because of her
I’m having second thoughts about leaving

Don’t tell anyone

No comments:

Post a Comment